Quick menu:

  • Help and support

Your selected question

Who can apply for an International Communities grant?

We will only fund UK-based non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and other UK-based voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations that are working with local partners overseas to run a project.


By voluntary and community sector we mean:
• registered charities;
• charitable or not-for profit organisations;
• organisations set up as social enterprises (i.e. businesses where any profits are mainly invested for community benefit).

We will not fund applications from overseas organisations or applications from UK organisations which are controlled by or not independent from overseas based organisations.

We are unable to provide grants, bursaries or scholarships for students, academics and other individuals working or studying abroad.

Not answered your question? Call 0845 4 10 20 30 or email enquiries.international@biglotteryfund.org.uk



Did you find this answer useful?

Very unhelpful Very helpful